How the Extraordinary Growth and Marketing of Juul TransformedDanyal Farouk
Juul is similar to other e-cigarettes, but there are a few differences that set it apart. First and foremost, this vape is elegant and unobtrusive: its USB-drive configuration can fit in the palm of a hand, and it does not create a huge plume of vapor like some other e-cigarettes. Second, the nicotine content in its cartridges, or JUUL pods established a new standard for the e-cigarette industry. E-cigarettes work by transforming liquid nicotine into smoke, which the consumer inhales. They are battery-powered and are intended to provide a similar stimulation as with smoking normal cigarettes.
Juul was created by two ex-smokers with the aim of “improving the lives of 1 billion adult smokers by eliminating cigarettes.” The company encourages people to turn from cigarettes to Juul by offering a Juul calculator, which helps them to predict how much money they’d save if they used a Juul instead.
Juul vs. other E-cigarettes: What’s the Difference?
The high nicotine content of Juul used to be an outlier in the e-cigarette industry, but now researchers say it appears to be the standard. Following Juul’s success, other e-cigarette manufacturers started increasing the nicotine content of their products. Juul operates on a closed system, which ensures consumers cannot refill the pods themselves, which is beneficial for quality control.
Juul is more discreet than many other brands due to its small scale, lightweight nature, and minimal plume. Juul is plain, with no buttons or switches and only disposable, snap-on cartridges, and its built-in temperature control prevents you from getting a “dry hit.” Dry hits occur when vape cartridges run out of liquid or overheat, resulting in a burnt taste and throat irritation.
What are The Main Ingredients in Juul Pods?
Juul is divided into two sections. There’s the e-cigarette itself, which houses the battery, temperature regulator, and charge level sensors. Then there’s the pod, which houses Juul’s proprietary e-liquid formula. Nicotine salts, glycerol, propylene glycol, benzoic acid, and flavorings are combined.
- Glycerol acts as a humectant, meaning it brings moisture to the solution. The FDA classifies glycerol as “generally accepted as healthy,” so it is safe to consume.
- Propylene glycol is a synthetic compound that is widely used in the manufacture of polyester, but it is also approved as a nutritional, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical additive.
- Benzoic acid occurs naturally in many plants, but it is also commonly used as a food additive and preservative in synthetic form. It is generally accepted as harmless.
- Flavorings is a vague term that most often applies to a variety of natural and synthetic ingredients used by businesses to flavor their products. Juul, for example, does not specify what is in its mint-flavored pod, but it almost certainly contains peppermint extract or oil.
Why is Juul so popular, especially among teens?
While Juul requires age verification when visiting its website and strictly prohibits minors from using Juuls, these vapes remain extremely common among teenagers. Depending on the jurisdiction, no one under the age of 18 or 21 should be allowed to buy e-cigarettes or tobacco products. However, according to a CDC survey, e-cigarette use is increasing among middle and high school students, with more than 3.5 million of them using e-cigarettes in 2018.
According to the CDC, over 18 million high school and middle school students were exposed to e-cigarette advertising in 2014. According to Stanford analysts, Juul’s marketing has not been consistent with its adults-only stance.
Its success can be attributed to a variety of factors, including:
- It’s moderately priced: Juul’s “starter kit,” which includes the e-cigarette, USB charger, and four pods.
- It’s discreet: Since Juul’s lightweight nature is easy to carry, which makes it ideal for the users.
- Cigarette smoke permeates the air in a very wide radius. Juul, on the other hand, does not smell like tobacco or smoke.
- It is available in a range of flavors: Juul’s sweet flavor choices make it a more palatable alternative than conventional cigarettes and many other e-cigarette options. According to one CDC study, 31% of survey respondents (all students in grades 6–12) choose e-cigarettes because of “flavors such as mint, sugar, fruit, or chocolate.”
Juul is among the most popular brands in the vaping industry. If you are looking to invest in this product, get in touch with E-LIte Cigs. We supply original, imported, and high-quality products all over Pakistan.